Ordnance Club in Calcutta, located on the Commissariat Road, near to the beautiful Prinsep Ghat and the Fort William, is a historic Regimental Institution o ...
The Gun and Shell Factory, Cossipore, considered as the mother unit of Indian Ordnance Factories, started its journey when the hallowed land adjacent to the ...
Located at 19/1 Gurusaday Road, in Ballygunge area, the Calcutta Cricket and Football Club, popularly known as CC & FC, is a cricket and football club.
Considered as the oldest rowing club outside the UK, the Calcutta Rowing Club was founded by a few spirited oarsmen, along the bank of River Hooghly in 1858.
The Calcutta South Club, situated on Woodburn Park Road was founded without a name in June 1920 with the handsome amount of Rs.35 collected from five members.
Popularly known as ‘Royal’, the Royal Calcutta Golf Club, located on 18, Golf Club Road, in Tollygunge, is the oldest golf club in India and the oldest outs ...
The oldest racket clubs in the world and the first of its kind in the India, the Calcutta Racket Club was founded by the British East India Company in 1793.
Located on Strand Road near Babughat in Calcutta, the Calcutta Swimming Club was founded in 1887 under the name Calcutta Swimming Bath by a group of Europea ...
The Saturday Club, one of the oldest clubs of the city of Calcutta, was founded in British India by the officers of the Calcutta Light Horse Regiment in 1875.
Located on AJC Bose Road, the Calcutta Club was founded as a protest against the discriminating ‘only for whites’ policy of the Bengal Club.
The history of The Bengal Club dates back to 1827, when it was set up by a group of East India Company officials, as the Bengal United Service Club.
Located at 120 Deshpran Sasmal Road, the Tollygunge Club was established by a Scottish banker Sir William Cruikshank in the year 1895. Sir Cruikshank, a kee ...