Considered by many as the prettiest of all the bungalows on the River Hooghly, the BNR House in Garden Reach, , constructed on classical lines in 1846.
The newly constructed Hogg Market soon came to be popularly known as the New Market or Hogg Market, while the locals called it Hogg Shaheber Bazar, the mark ...
Located at Esplanade Row East, the massive building of the former Foreign & Military Secretariat was built in the year 1909, when Calcutta was still the cap ...
The red and white building located at 8 Council House Street, once housed the Alliance Bank of Simla. Reserve Bank of India inscribed on it, once housed the ...
Palmer’s House was demolished in 1914 for the construction of the present Lalbazar building complex, located at 18 Lalbazar Street.This area was known as Fl ...
The office of the East Indian Railway was shifted to a building at Fairlie Place in 1879. Prince Dwarkanath Tagore, the founder of the Jorasanko branch.
Located on the southern side of Dalhousie Square, the Central Telegraph Office in Calcutta occupies two magnificent heritage buildings of Calcutta.
The beautiful building of the Dead Letter Office is the oldest and the original part of the sprawling Telegraph Office complex. Located at the Old Court Hou ...
Widely known as the Treasury building, the huge brick red structure, located near the High Court Building, was constructed between 1882 and 1884.
The three storey red-brick building of Calcutta Collectorate, located on NS Road and sandwiched between GPO and the Reserve Bank of India.
The majestic white building of the renovated Currency Building, constructed in Italian style and standing gracefully on the Dalhousie Square, was built in 1883.
Crowned with a lofty dome and decorated with tall Corinthian columns, the imposing building of the General Post Office of Calcutta, standing on the Tank Square.
Founded in 1814 and located on the busy Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Calcutta, the Indian Museum is the oldest and the largest museum in India.
The Victoria Memorial Hall of Calcutta, constructed of white Markana marble from Rajasthan, is rightly nicknamed as the Taj of Raj.
The National Library of India, situated on the lush-green scenic Belvedere Estate in Alipore, consisting of the Belvedere House and the 30-acre grounds surr ...
The majestic building of Metcalfe Hall looks almost like an ancient Greek temple and reflects the British imperial architecture during the mid 19th century.
Located at 4 Esplanade Row West, the majestic and historic structure of the Town Hall is one of the most important heritage buildings of Calcutta.
At the time of its completion in 1780, the Writers’ Building, located on the north side of the Tank Square, was the first three-storey building in Calcutta.
Constructed in neo-Gothic style and opened in 1872, the majestic building of the Calcutta High Court stands close to the River Hoogly, as a symbol of justice.
The Bidhan Sabha Bhawan, located at 3 Esplanade Row, Calcutta is the West Bengal Legislative Assembly, where the legislation for the state of W.B are pronou ...
The Government House or the Raj Bhawan in Calcutta owes its existence to Marquess Wellesley, the Governor-General of Bengal from 1798 to 1805.