Located at the intersection of Canning Street and Brabourne Road, Neveh Shalome Synagogue is the first Baghdadi Jewish community house of prayer in India.
Built in 1884, the Shield of David Synagogue, popularly known in the community as Magen David, is located on Synagogue Street, at the crossing of Brabourne ...
Beth El Synagogue has served as the Beth El (House of God) for the Baghdadi congregation of Calcutta for more than one and one-half centuries.
The unimpressive building of St George’s Church, located on 38B Ananda Palit Road in Entally area, owes its origin to the untiring efforts of Rev Kunja Beha ...
Church of the Lord Jesus, located at 76, Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Road (earlier known as Wellesley street) in central Calcutta, is a Catholic church.
Located on 56, S. N. Banerjee Road, Taltola, Calcutta, Osmond Memorial Church, formerly known as the Wesleyan Methodist Church, was founded in 1868.
The building for the Wesleyan Methodist Church was completed in 1886. The church, later renamed as CNI Wesleyan Church, is located on 15 Sudder Street.
Located on the AJC Bose Road near Moulali and built in 1889, St. Teresa of Avila Church is considered as a heritage Catholic Church in the City of Calcutta.
The history of St Thomas Church, located on 13 D, Mirza Ghalib Street, is linked with that of the old Calcutta Free School, now known as St. Thomas School.
St. James Church with its sky dominating twin spires is definitely one of the most graceful churches in the city of Calcutta. Located on the AJC Bose Road.
Located on Cathedral Road, along with the line of Birla Planetarium, Nandan and Rabindra Sadan complex, St. Paul Cathedral is the first Episcopal Church in ...
Sacred Heart Church is located at no 3, Lenin Sarani, near to the Tipu Sultan Shahi Mosque in Dharmatala. It was a Roman Catholic Church, in Calcutta.
The Holy Trinity Church, situated at 33B, Raja Rammohan Roy Sarani, was opened for divine service by Rev. Deer in November 1826. A.Corrie came to India in 1806
St. Andrews Church, situated at the North Eastern side of the Writers Building, was basically built to serve the Scottish Presbyterian community of Calcutta.
St. John’s Church, located on 2/2, Council House Street, at the North-Western corner of the majestic Raj Bhawan, is the third oldest church in Calcutta.
Mission Church, located on R N Mukherjee Road, was founded by a Swedish Lutheran missionary, Johann Zachariah Kiernander. With the approval and support of t ...
People of Calcutta are mostly unaware about the Neo-Gothic structure of the St Peters Church, located in the heart of Fort William in Calcutta.
Located amidst the hustle of the normally busy area in Kalighat, the graceful and dignified building of the present Greek Orthodox Church of Calcutta resemb ...
Located on the Portuguese Church Street, at the crossing of Brabourne Road and Canning Street, it was formally known as The Cathedral of the Most Holy Rosary.
The first Armenian Church of Calcutta, was solely funded by the contribution of the people. It was a wooden structure and completely ravaged by a devastatin ...