Established in 1789, St Thomas’ School located in Khidderpore area is the oldest school in the city, which owes its origin to the Charity School.
Mitra Institution, one of the heritage schools of Calcutta, was founded on the 5th day of January 1898 in a commodious building, located at 6B Mirzapur Street.
The Calcutta Boys’ School, established by Bishop Dr James Mills Thoburn of the Methodist Episcopal Church in 1877, initially started at Thoburn Church Perso ...
Recognized as one of the oldest private schools in the city of Calcutta, St James’ School, a school under the CNI, is located at 165 AJC Bose Road
St Xavier’s Collegiate School, a boys’ school in Calcutta, was founded by the Jesuits, a member of the Society of Jesus, in 1860 and was named after St Fran ...
Founded by Gour Mohan Addy in 1829, mainly for the children of the Hindu parents in Calcutta, the Oriental Seminary was the oldest independent school in Ben ...
The Scottish Church Collegiate School owes its origin to the Scottish Church College, when in its centenary year the mother institution was bifurcated into ...
Located at 33/1 Amherst Street, renamed as Raja Rammohan Roy Sarani, St Paul’s School is adjacent to the Holy Trinity Church and opposite to the V. S. M Hos ...
known as the Armenian College, the institution is, in fact, an Armenian school, founded primarily to educate the Armenian children of the city.
Situated at 87 College Street, the Hare School is considered as the oldest western type school in Asia. David Hare strongly felt that the need of the teach ...
Located on Bankim Chatterjee Street, near the other famous educational institutions, Hindu School is the oldest modern educational institution in Asia.
Brahmo Balika Shikshalaya, the second girls’ school in Calcutta, was founded by Shivnath Shastri on behalf of the Sadharan Brahmo Samaj, on 16 May 1890.
Located on 19 Duff Street, St Margaret’s School is one of the oldest girls’ schools in Calcutta. With the aim of spreading formal education among the mostly ...
Located at 63 Park Street, The Jewish Girls School (JGS) is one of the oldest schools for girls in the city of Calcutta. It opened on 18 January 1881.
Located at 17 Lansdowne Road, St. Johns Diocesan Girls Higher Secondary School is one of the oldest educational institutions for women in Calcutta.
Located on 168 Lower Circular Road, Pratt Memorial School, founded in 1876 primarily for the education of the Anglo Indian community and the Christian Children.
patronage of Charles John Canning, the then Governor General of India, Calcutta Girls High School was founded in 1856.
Initially named as the Hindu Female School, Bethune School was founded by John Elliot Drinkwater Bethune in1849, as the first school for girls in Calcutta.
Loreto House School was opened in that building on 10 January 1842 with 60 students. It was landed at Babughat, Calcutta on 29 December 1841.
La Martiniere Calcutta owes its origin to Claude Martin, the son of a casket maker and a butchers daughter, who was born on 5 January 1735 in Lyon, France.