Java is a widely used object oriented language. It used in 3 billion devices. Specially now a days all the mobile app are created by java. Java is introduce by Sun Mirosystem in the year 1991. A small team of sun microsystem called Green Team launch the project called java. The team members are James Gosling, Mike Sheridan, and Patrick Naughton.
What is Java?
Def :Java is a general purpose, high label object oriented programming language.
Three Edition of Java
- J2SE : Java 2 Standard Edition: J2SE generally used for desktop application or standalone application. We can create CUI or GUI application.
- J2EE : Java 2 Enterprise Edition: This edition used for web application as well as the enterprise application
- J2ME : Java 2 Mobile Edition: This edition used for mobile application
Compiling Procedure Of java
As other computer languages, java codes also need to transform into the machine level language. But java used both compiler and interpreter as a translator.
In the first step java code compiled by javac compiler and creates a platform independent byte code. After then this byte code interpret using the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and produce a executable code.
Basic Java Program
Output : Tutorial At Home
Java Used In
According to Sun Microsystem, today at least 3 billion devices run java. There are many devices where java is currently used. Some of them are as follows:
- Desktop Applications such as acrobat reader, media player, antivirus etc.
- Web Applications
- Enterprise Applications such as banking applications.
- Embedded System
- Smart Card
- Games etc.